For security conscious operators who require enhanced control over their trailers, SafeConnect can be upgraded to the Maple IQ platform to offer high security trailer immobilisation.
A sophisticated, user friendly access control solution, the system allows operators to control who can connect up to and physically move trailers, thus eliminating unauthorised movements. SafeConnect IQ records information such as who, when and where the trailer was coupled, whilst our innovative Insight IQ platform even allows operators to remotely authorise trailer movements.
Once the trailer is ready for collection the usual coupling procedure is carried out, before returning to the cab the driver simply presents their authorised RFID fob to the cube display. The brakes will remain applied until the driver is safely in the cab and has depressed the brake pedal, thus ensuring they are in complete control of the vehicle throughout the entire coupling process.
In the event that an attempt is made to move the trailer without showing an authorised RFID fob, the SafeConnect valve will not release, ensuring the trailer brakes remain locked on
Features & Benefits
Trailer Coupling Safety
- Ensures the trailers braking system is permanently applied throughout the coupling process
- Protects driver against potential crushing on the catwalk when connecting the service line
- Prevents trailer roll-away incidents caused by inadvertent release of trailer brakes
- Blocks airflow to the emergency redline until coupling completed
- Drivers do not need to carry out additional procedures
- Trailer brakes cannot be released until the driver has returned to the cab and depressed the brake pedal
- Manual override facility built-in
- A highly robust & reliable system
- 3 Year warranty as standard
- Automatic setting immobiliser upon removal of service lines
- Control exactly who has the authority to move trailers
- Automatic audit trails for trailer movement, recording who, when and even where the trailer was coupled.
- Information can be viewed and interrogated through Insight IQ software in real-time
- Remotely authorise trailer movements
- For emergency trailer movements secure PIN access can be enabled
Replacing the need for dated and ineffective disposable seals, the IQ platform provides a modern and sustainable approach to load integrity with integrated electronic sealing capabilities. The Maple IQ platform provides you with complete transparency over your fleet with each and very door event automatically captured so you know who accessed your vehicles, when and where.
Integrate the IQ locking systems with a compatible telematics solution and you can gain complete control over access to your load area. This powerful security system provides you with the ability to lockdown vehicles remotely from anywhere in the world, ensuring access cannot be gained during transit and maintaining the integrity of your cargo. Once the vehicle arrives at the correct destination and its location verified via the real-time Insight IQ software, access can once again be granted to authorised personnel.
Whether the keys have been lost, locked inside the vehicle or customs need to check the load area - There are times when you may need access to the load area when a valid keyfob is not available. With the Maple IQ system, you have the reassurance of knowing that this needn’t ever be a problem again. Each unit is provided with a unique set of single use emergency access codes, ensuring you can keep the wheels of business moving at all times.
The Maple IQ platform provides you with the unique ability to tailor this powerful security solution to meet your own requirements. You can select between single or multi-point locking cylinders, manual or automatic sealing, keyfob or PIN number control and integration with telematics. The IQ system even provides you with the flexibility to change settings, quickly and easily at any time. So if your vehicles are employed on multi drop deliveries or long-haul point to point operations you remain in control and can adapt settings to suit.
SafeConnect IQ is suitable for the following vehicle types.
Trusted by thousands throughout the UK
A driver must complete thousands of trailer couplings in their career, 99.9% of those may well be done cor-rectly but on those rare occasions something goes amiss, I’ve seen first hand how dangerous that can be. Who knows how many times Safe-Connect has potentially prevented a rollaway or saved a life, the thought of just one is all the reason I need to specify the equipmentJamie Terris | Fleet Director