Maple are pleased to be working with leading UK insurance provider, Aviva, as part of their specialist partner network.
Aviva have selected ‘Specialist Partners’ across the full spectrum of risk management fields, to enhance customer experience and help minimise the potential for damaging or costly incidents.
The Commercial Vehicle Crime Landscape
Commercial vehicles are subject to an ever increasing array of security threats. Today it is estimated that cargo crime costs UK business somewhere in the region of €11.6 billion per annum(1) and has increased by a staggering 41% in just 10 years(1). It is big business, carried out by highly organised criminal gangs.
This figure doesn’t take into account the estimated £1 billion of fresh produce(2) that is discarded every year as a result of load infiltration, caused by clandestine entrants illegally accessing vehicles in a bid to cross borders.
In the last couple of years the UK has also seen an eye-watering increase in van crime. Most notably, criminals are exploiting vehicle specific weaknesses that enable them to covertly bypass vehicle central locking to quickly gain entry to load areas whilst there has been a spike in so called ‘peal and steal attacks’ where doors are simply peeled back like a tin-can.
In short there is a significant threat to commercial vehicles, so what can you do to protect your vehicle and your business?
How can Maple and Aviva help?
For more than 40 years Maple, having been providing innovative safety and security solutions for use on commercial vehicles. From simple mechanical key operated locking applications, to sophisticated remote access control security solutions, Maple can help you to protect your vehicles and your cargo whatever your operation;
Overview of Benefits
- Preventative security solutions to negate cargo theft and load infiltration
- Reduce losses caused by criminal activity
- Reduce wastage caused by clandestines gaining access to load areas
- Combat vulnerabilities for specific vehicle models and goods in transit
- Ensure loads are sealed and the integrity goods in transit is maintained at all times
- Protect drivers during high risk activity such as trailer coupling
(1) Freightwatch International – Supply Chain Intelligence Center