Location: Stockport, SK1 3EY
We have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team as a Mechanical Design Engineer, working as part of our design team, developing and expanding our range of world class commercial vehicle security and safety products.
Responsibilities – What we want from you
The right candidate for Mechanical Design Engineer will have a good understanding of the processes involved in the design and manufacture of pneumatic/ electro-mechanical product and be able to apply this to our range of safety and security devices and systems for use in commercial transport applications and the aviation industry.
Job Requirements – What skills you need
The candidate will have a sound ability in the use of 3D computer aided design, ideally Solidworks or similar package(s) and some or all of the following attributes (or be keen to gain familiarity): –
- Manufacturing processes including machining, fabrication, casting, plastic injection moulding.
- All aspects of the Design and Development process including design concept generation, design verification, production of prototypes.
- Compressed air and air systems.
- The ability to plan out a test regime to ascertain the fitness for purpose of new products.
- Participate in pre-production build.
- Work with Technical Authors to produce high quality build and fitting instructions.
- Comfortable in the production build workshop advising and assisting in investigating and solving problems and ensuring that production can progress smoothly.
- Working closely with the Machine shop to high quality production of prototypes and production parts.
- Work on the bench with hand tools and enjoy creating parts for trial and investigation of design options.
- Operate simple engineering machine tools such as lathe and miller (advantageous but not essential)
- Keen and interested in all technical aspects of design and manufacturing.
- A team player willing to share knowledge and skills with colleagues.
- Keen to learn. Happy to accept advice and to give it in the interests of the company.
- Comfortable in the office environment and in the workshop and on site as necessary to progress the excellence of the product range.
Benefits – what you get from us.
- Salary of £30,000-£40,000
- Working with leading edge / new technologies
- Working in modern premises working within a forward-thinking progressive team
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Free Hot beverages
- Perkbox Benefits
- Tax Relief on Childcare