Location: Stockport, SK1 3EY
We are looking to hire a driven individual to manage the day to day running of our recently established machine shop. You will be responsible for managing the team – ensuring a high standard of quality in the manufacture of precision components. You will be responsible for tooling, part programs, fixturing as well as production planning; working closely with R&D to provide prototype, as well as production components.
The role will be hands on- working in a clean and professional environment with the latest machine tools, tooling and tech. The right candidate will take a keen interest in the process and will drive continual improvement to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Time served/Apprenticeship trained with relevant mechanical qualification.
- The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in programming, operating and fixturing CNC lathes and milling machines. (Mazatrol and Fanuc experience essential, both conversational and ISO)
- An in-depth knowledge of tooling, material, workholding and machining techniques is essential.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and 3D models. (Solidworks experience beneficial)
- Experience/understanding of CAM software (HSMworks, Fusion 360 experience beneficial)
- Previous supervisory/management experience (desirable but candidates with strong machining/mechanical experience will be considered)
- Strong people skills
- Computer literate
- Salary of £30-35k + DOE.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Perkbox Benefits
- Tax Relief on Childcare
- A Discretionary Sick Pay Policy
- Comprehensive Training
7:30 – 4:00 but can be discussed for the right candidate.
Maple are proud to offer a unique nationwide installation and repair service. We are extremely proud of our highly committed and skilled Mobile Installation and Service Engineer / Field Technician Teams who are at the forefront of the business, the man on the ground dealing directly with the client / customer on site ready to fulfil their every installation / fitting need – no matter how big or small.
At Maple it is a team event and all departments work together to ensure we remain a cut above the rest! A philosophy of embracing new and emerging technologies coupled with our in-house design and development capabilities has seen our product range evolve, keeping pace with the ever-changing demands of the logistics industry.
Maple – no one comes close.